The parish of Little Berkhamsted including the hamlets of Howe Green and Epping Green is in the middle of the Hartford Hundred West Group of Parishes.
The church of St Andrew is in the centre of the village. It is thought that there was a church here in Saxon or Norman times. Mention of an 'old church' was made in 1225 and the first recorded Rector was appointed in 1227. The wooden bell tower was added in the 14th century. The Lombardic lettering on one bell suggests it was made prior to 1400; the other two are dated 1621 and 1718.
In 1831 the north aisle was added and in 1857 the whole of the outside was clad in the Kentish ragstone we see today. In 1897 the interior was extensively renovated, and the south porch added. In 1962 further restoration and alteration was carried out. The original 17th century doors that had been removed from the south door in 1857 were re-instated. These bear a hole which is said to have been made by a bullet during the Civil War.
Since then there has been a full restoration of the bell tower and removal of pews around the font creating a more serviceable space for baptisms and other social events.
The cleared side chapel is used on Mondays in term time by the Tiny Tots play and story group and at other times is used for church related meetings. The interior has been redecorated in the past year and now has full toilet facilities and a small kitchenette.
There is an open well maintained churchyard and Conservative Cabinet Minister Reginald Maudling (1917–79) and his widow Beryl are buried here.
The church is open daily to visitors.